Sunday, July 3, 2011

randomness of the day...

Too much babble babble... too many thoughts and I really don't want numerous posts in one day.

to begin...
* Yesterday night was the city fireworks. One of the better ones I believe. We live a stone toss from Table Rock Lake so we went out on my Dads house boat to enjoy the nights festivities.
Here is my husband and I being cute couple in the front of the boat. The fireworks were ok... there were some new things they've never done before but it was the finale that was amazing. It was set to Lee Greenwood's "God bless the USA" (one of my fav songs). It was pretty sweet!

* My stargazing lilies FINALLY bloomed!! I was starting to think they weren't going to but they did! By far some of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen (or owned for that matter...) 

* Adam and I went to see Transformers 3 today. First about the movie...  Going in with absolutely NO expectations, I rather enjoyed the movie. It was not anywhere near as good as the first movie but I think it made up for the second. Micheal Bay has never really been known for his comedy so some of the humor seemed rather forced and a bit out of place but I can forgive that... Some of the dialogue was VERY forced. that is a bit harder to overlook but not impossible... Adam thought the storyline wasnt fast enough, that too many scenes drug out way too much and for me, there was really only one particular. One of my favorite aspects of the movie is my all time favorite band, Linkin Park, not only contributes to the soundtrack, but to the movie itself!!  So overall, go with no expectations and i think most people would enjoy it...
                now for the not so nice part about the movie experience... WHAT THE F*** is wrong with people!!!! It's as people have forgotten that a pg 13 movies is supposed to be for people 13 or older... but no! More than one family had 5 years or younger. the assholes sitting behind had a 5 and 7ish year old kids that kept kicking the back of our seats and the kids kept talking and fighting through the movie. First off, I dont give a fuck if you are on vacation! BE A PARENT!!! Dont take your kids to a movie that is not age appropriate. If your gonna take kids that young to a movie, go see something that it supposed to be for their age.

* I've realized I just cant enjoy movies the way i used to; not all movies, mind you, just ones that have any amount of military use. With Adam going into the Air Force (which I am FULLY supportive of) I'm starting to see things in a whole new light. Now I know what your thinking, "Jess, They are just movies..." yes I know this but it doesnt change how i react or feel about it. I already have nightmares of Adam not coming back from duty and he hasnt even gone to basic yet. I know its only going to worse before it gets better and its all a process... Adam has wanted this for so very long that I'm sure he has had time to come to an understanding that that's just how things are but I've never seen myself as a military wife. I want him to pursue his dreams and I proudly stand by and support him but I've never had a chance to fully grasp just what this all means. I'm just now dealing with the very real possibility he might not come home some day... And it already scares the living hell out of me. I cling so much tighter to him at night and I dont think he has realized why. I silently cry in action movies thinking "that could be him...". As i said, I cant really watch movies the same because even though I'm watching CGI and special effects, all i see is him being in the air force plane that gets hit the hardest...

*enough of the heavy... I am looking forward to tomorrow. I will be making a beautiful 4th of July pie and working on some hand made decorations for My daughters room. hopefully i will remember to charge my camera so i can take some pictures of progress

Til anon

2 comments:

  1. I never wanted to be a military wife. And if I'm being honest, I still don't. I have moments of being proud, but usually I'm just annoyed.

    For the record things you should not do: Watch any patriotic country music videos or any youtube videos that feature them and a ton of military images. Biggest. Mistake. Ever. I spent a whole early morning bawling. Also, avoid the Kevin Bacon movie Taking Chance. I'm supposed to only watch it with G when he gets home. It's about a marine getting escorted home from Iraq in a box.

    And on a happier note... I fucking hate people who take their kids to PG-13 and R movies. If you want to let them watch that at home, fine. I watched some growing up. But you certainly don't take them to a damn theater. I mean, really. Use some common sense and stop being a lazy parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already watched taking chance. it was my dads christmas gift and ya... balled almost the whole movie. I do recommend it, just make sure to have a lot of tissues handy.

    ReplyDelete