Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finally getting things done!! with pics :P

Well well :) Yesterday was 4th of July and to be honest... it was a slow day here. Adam had to work so I was home alone most of the day. Finally got laundry done, cleaned most of the house, and cleaned out the desk (yay boring list done... cause i know thats not what you are here to read about...)

Being as it was the 4th of July, I made a beautiful Pie. A blueberry and cherry pie
I was supposed to make this for when we went out on the boat for our city fireworks but i honestly didnt feel like it that day. Im actually quit happy that I waited. I meant to take pics of the whole process but the camera battery was barely alive. Honestly, it is really easy. Just place a sliver of pie crust in the shell in a form of square to "hold in" the blueberries and then just lay "stripes" across the cherry. Give it an egg wash and bake. Turned out soooooo yummy!! Tomorrow I want to make an apple pie... we shall see...

The other project in the works is getting the daughters room finished. She no longer sleeps in a crib so we are transitioning into a big girl bed. So far, she has done so amazing. I honestly thought it would be harder than this but she loves it! Next week we are getting her a new bed. (she has been sleeping in the spare bed in her room) We already bought her new bed covers (which I will post when the room is completely finished) as well as a beautiful blue shag rug. One thing I really wanted to do was a hand-painted name plaque..thingy...
This was step one... outline for some and solid for others
Finished product. Adam thinks that the bottom letters need a third color but i honestly don't know. Im kinda thinking that I'm gonna redo the L Y and N to be more like the A's. I dont know... Once I put them all on the wall, I will decide what I want to do... More than anything, I worry that if i try to change them it will just screw them up.

I cant wait to get the new bed for my daughter and get her room completely put together :)

Things that i need to get done...
* Go through my daughters baby clothes to see what i want to save.
* Go through MY clothes and do some seriously cleaning out. I think that for my own sanity, i should get rid of my jeans and shorts I owned before having a baby.
* De-clutter the bedroom. I dont mean to be, but i've kinda turned into a pack rat. Thank goodness for my cedar-chest. plenty of storage!!
* De-clutter on top of the desk. Too many freakin papers and just junk... ugh...
Boring things to do really but things that need to be taken care of non the less... who knows, maybe be by putting into to writing and posting it, i will be much more motivated.
Til anon

2 comments:

  1. My mom was telling me about that pie yesterday! And I love the letters. I actually nearly got some to do for her the other day when I was walking around bored in a craft store!

    And finally, I agree... throw out the pre-baby clothes. You'll get back there, but it takes time and by then, they may be out of style. So no use having them mock you. I fucking hate clothes that mock me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always make some letters up for your little one. that is if you decide on a name before hand...

    Im kinda at a point where i hate clothes period!! not in a "want to be nudey" way, just in a "why doesnt anything fit right??" way lol...

    ReplyDelete