Wednesday, July 27, 2011

all day in the kitchen!!

*Please ignore grammer and sentence structure mistakes... I tend to write the way I think*

Some women clean, some go for a ride, some (like me) cook!  ...When they are angry!
Last night, the husband and I got into a fight (dont ask cause not going there) ended up with him sleeping on the couch. Needless to say, I have not been in a good mood today... When I get upset, I cook. A LOT!!! With a 2 year old running around, I didnt cook as much as I normally would but still made a crap ton of food. Even better, my daughter helped :) 2 years old and loves to help mommy cook in the kitchen!!
First thing was start the cake to get it in the oven. Just a basic yellow cake (from scratch) but nothing fancy. While that was in the oven, made huge batch of pancakes that I can Freeze and grab what I need in the mornings. In between that, started the bread. Pull cake from oven let cool on a rack, continue bread. Set the bread aside so it could rise, finished pancakes, started on cream cheese mints (which I realized I havent had since my daughters baby shower). Took a short break to put my lil one down for a nap and catch up on dishes.
*breathe*
Finish the mints and put in the fridge, crap almost forgot to make icing.
Yes I prefer to make my icing from scratch. I plan on a tutorial for this in the future.
Get icing made, colors combined and all tools set up.
But first have to put bread in oven. And grab a quick bite to eat...
Decorate cake, unload dishwasher and put in almost a full load pull bread from oven. Its 2!! Had to be at the lawyer's at 3 so needed to wake up daughter and she. was. pissed!! She cried til 5 minutes before we made it to lawyer. Got that taken care of, had to get home to start dinner.
About 5 started by first making a salad then started on the chicken parmigiana which consists of breaded chicken in plain bread crumbs with shredded parm. and italian blend of spices. In the oven (much better than fried) spaghetti, marinara, and some mozzarella to top it all off.
*breath* I think that about covers everything... Oh.. pictures?? *smiles* thought you would never ask!!
Delicious English Muffin loaf bread.

I'm not posting a pic of the pancakes... I mean come on... its just pancakes...

cream cheese mints *drool*
rather tropical I think...
Close up on mints. Adam has declared these are his favorite things EVER!!! :)
Top of cake. As it says, its just because I wanted to... and I needed to practice. It's been awhile since I made a cake.
Side details. Maybe a bit overboard, but oh well. By the way... I hate wilton's "leaf tip" it sucks!! Need to find just a "v" tip.
Simple salad of shredded carrot and Romain lettuce. ...yes its a pic of a salad... yes I'm just that board..
Chicken with moz. And let me just say... Holy crap are chicken breasts ever huge!! I wish I lived closer to Springfield so I could buy organic...
When you put it all together.................. here you go...

I know my chicken parm isnt the normal way, but I like it.
And I'm going to let you all assume *waves hand across screen* I clean as I go.
......what?? you dont believe me?? damn gotta work on that Jedi stuff...
You really dont want to know how big of a mess I can make in a single kitchen. It was damn scary here! 3 loads of dishes, a bottle and a half of cleaner, and a full roll of papertowels... just imagine the craziest mess and I probably did worse... lol!! I hate cleaning as I go. I would rather just get everything done THEN clean!!

2 comments:

  1. I never clean as I go... that's G's job. Which may explain the state of my kitchen since he's been gone... hmm.

    I need to learn to decorate cakes. I don't know that I have the patience for it, but I should at least attempt it. I'm a fan of simple iced cakes though, so maybe that's why I've never bothered. Yours looks pretty!

    Pancakes...mmm! I love to eat them in the summer with pecans, blueberries, and banana slices and real maple syrup. Delicious! In the winter pumpkin pancakes with pecans are good too.

    Fights happen. G has spent numerous nights on the sofa (until the little shit sneaks upstairs or I wake up alone at 3 a.m. and call for him). I have the odd trait of not remembering I was mad the night before when I wake up. As in, I never remember I was mad at all. Until later... when he's usually safely at work. Probably one of my better traits in his opinion. You'll move past fights, and it's good to have them rather than bottle things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I did either, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy. Plus, with practice, really quick!! I think what takes the longest is getting everything ready and set up. Especially if mix your own colors.

    Ive never tried pumpkin pancakes so im greatly looking forward to winter to give those a try!!

    This was the first time Adam has slept on the couch and about 2 am woke up rather lonely but seriously so tired that i crashed back out before going to get him. When first woke up, I completely forgot I was mad. He was already at work and then it hit me that oh ya... so I totally know where you are coming from with that lol!

    On a side note, talked to your mom about the baby shower yesterday and alayna and i are very excited about it!!

    ReplyDelete