I honestly dont have a lot of time to make any good posts this weekend. Insanely busy!!! With what you may ask...
Well, for starters, Im painting my daughters bedroom (there will be a post on that when it is fully done). Its not exactly a small room so it has been rather exhausting! Wouldn't be so bad but since Adam is working, Ive been doing it by myself. However he did help me last night with some putty compound stuff to fix a few places on the walls...
I making a few different cakes this weekend. Not for anyone in particular but its for the soul purpose of building a professional portfolio. I've taken pictures of cakes I've done over the years and I think I should build a portfolio for future job prospects... (which i have a very awesome post about THAT coming later)
I'm also trying to reconnect with my husband this weekend since our daughter is with her grandparents this weekend. Unfortunately, we fall into the same situation that so many married with kids couples become... so focused on the children that we forget to be a couple.
So thats what I've got going on right now...
til anon
Kids do take a lot of energy. But I think it's so important to put your marriage first, because if it starts to crumble it affects the kids so badly.
ReplyDeleteIf you want any cheap date night ideas, hit me up! G and I were just talking about one where you take 12 manilla envelopes and you pre-pay/plan one date for each month. It would be a good way to not have an excuse not to go. I think we'll be utilizing this next year once little miss is here, as a way to insure we remember to take time together. We've got some friends chomping at the bit to babysit (literally, I think they're more excited than we are about the baby!).
I'm secretly hoping Adam gets sent out here so the girls can grow up close together for a bit and we can even maybe do babysitting!
I think one of hardest things for me when it comes to putting the being a couple first is the fact I was a parent first... I didnt meet Adam until Alayna was 4 months old. Being a parent first is kinda all I know, until she is gone for a weekend anyway then its about being a couple... I dont really know how to put the marriage first but I am trying.
ReplyDeleteCould definatly use some cheap date ideas... we are very burnt out of movies. I think we have watched absolutly every one we own!!
Im not opposed to being up that way. For one, our girls could grow up together which would be so much fun! For another thing, Charm City Cakes... meet your newest regular (and potential employee :P ) seriously though, it would be nice to be somewhere where i could at least know one person.... but only time will tell where we end up
Cheap date ideas: picnics, art museums, coffee out (cheaper than dinner for sure!), coffee dates in with homemade dessert, and I'm a big fan of game nights where we make snacks (cheese and apples and such) and try to beat the pants off one another. We've even taken scrabble to a diner before and played while drinking coffee and eating pie!
ReplyDeleteAnother idea is to take your cameras out on a walk and try and snap up close pics of things (like flowers) to use as decoration later. It's so easy (and cheap) to get photos blown up at Wal-Mart. I have some from architectural things of D.C. museums that we're framing for our home.