Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Judgement

I've actually been meaning to post this for awhile now but kept forgetting to sit down and do it!!

Anyhoo... I don't consider myself to be an overly judgmental person. I'm talking day-to-day life and parenthood type things. You are going to do things how you want and your going to raise your child how you want. To be honest, that's how it should be!! Yes, I'm going to offer my own tid-bits on certain things but I only offer out of wanting to help. Lets face it, all mom's loving handing out free advice!!

I am not judging you on how you raise your kids. If you chose not to breastfeed, that's fine. Your choosing cloth diapers, hey power to you!! Are you mentally prepared for the clean up?? Your letting your kid sit in front of a TV for 5 hours a day, that's your decision; I highly disapprove but I'm not going to belittle you for it.

I let my experiences out in hopes of helping others, is someone going to pass judgment on me? Probably... and that's fine. **BUT** If you are willing to dish out judgments on other people... you had better be willing to accept that someone is going to pass judgment on YOU!! Just because you put yourself on a platform of self indulgence doesn't excuse the hypocrisy of your actions and words.

This post isn't being directed at any particular person, frankly, there are too many people I know that think their choices are far more superior and therefore have a "higher than thou" attitude. They think they can look down on everyone who didnt make the same choices and to be honest, I'm pretty fed up. You've breastfed for an entire year, you've fed your baby only organic food that you grew yourself, your chose cloth diapers... etc. etc... I get it, your on a high horse of "I'm better than you"   

I wasnt able to breast feed... I had the few days of colostrum and after a month of trying, I just couldnt produce enough. Yes I tried pretty much everything to help... So dont you dare look down on me... I'm happy for you. I truly am!! But there is no need for your attitude.

As for the organic complex... ya I admit I was on that kinda kick when my daughter was on baby food. I bought organic Gerber. So what... I never rubbed it in your face, I only asked that family would try to stick to the same diet. (correct me if i'm wrong but) as my memory serves, I never through a fit if it wasnt organic. I wanted to do best for my girl but I tried to do it without being smug!
You CAN go the natural route WITHOUT being a pompous smug-ass!!
Get off your high horse... PLEASE we are pretty fed up with it!

On a final note, at the end of the day, it doesnt matter if its a cloth diaper or disposable... your still elbow deep in baby poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment