Monday, January 23, 2012

when did 8 weeks become 21 days??

I honestly can't believe how fast time has flown by. It seems like yesterday I awoke with the thought of  "8 weeks and my husband is off to basic". Today I looked at the calender and its 21 days. 21 days!!!!! 21 days til everything changes. I'm not looking forward to being alone but I realize that it doesn't scare me nearly as much as it would have a few years ago.

If I am able to really dive into my work with the bakery I know that I can keep my mind busy enough to not dwell on having my husband gone. The only thing with that is that because of the hours I do have at the bakery (being there at 5 am) I need someone to take my daughter to daycare the days I work. To be honest, I don't know how much help my dad is willing to give. So that is a big uncertainty in the future.

One thing IS for sure, time is not my friend. My wonderful husband will soon be leaving to enter the air force. The other thing is that because there are only 21 days until he leaves, that means there are only 21 days left to get the adoption into court! Yes it could wait until he returns but no one wants that! This adoption was supposed to have been finalized back in November!! My lawyer has known since then what day Adam was going to the service so needless to say I'm rather pissed at my lawyer for taking so f****** long.

Enough of the negative though... I am happy about this next chapter in our lives. I am excited about the new opportunities this will open.

No comments:

Post a Comment